Hidden Markov Models

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
kiwi2
Contributor
Contributor

Hidden Markov Models

Post by kiwi2 »

Have just signed up but have been reading the forum for quite a while now-one of the best forumson the net i think.

Wondering if someone out there has some Hidden MArkov Model (HMM) code in tradestation or metastock orany other system software format. I have looked very closelyand believe HMM could be a very elegant way to model futures data. I also have found the Grinham Capital management (Australia) uses it and they have a very very smooth Vami (goto www.iasg.com to see it)

anyones help or experience with HMM would be appreciated

thanx
wonkabar

Post by wonkabar »

I am also interested in finding out more about HMM. I know Rentec uses them but had no idea about Grinham. Is it rumor Grinham uses them or do you know for sure? The only things I can find are academic papers and not much on real applications.
kiwi2
Contributor
Contributor

grinham

Post by kiwi2 »

pretty sure they do - i searched their job vacancies on their website and it was quite detailed in what it required - talking alot about speech recognition software - and from memory there disclosure document was also useful in seeing what they did. What i have been trying to do is get the HMM into some sort of useful tradestation code but my maths isnt strong enough to convert the formula..