First Strike, open times and EOD data

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
Daedalus

First Strike, open times and EOD data

Post by Daedalus »

Hi,

I'm researching a system based on Leonardo's First Strike, and get satisfactory results using the EOD open prices.

However, the First Strike rules say to use "00:00 Central Standard Time" on Monday for the open price. The open price in my data is 10 hours before that.

When I do real time simulations using my open prices, I get chopped up on the spread, which at that time of the day can be up to 30 pips in some markets.

But I can't back test using the CST 00:00 open because I don't have that data.

Is there a way to get historical CST 00:00 open prices without having to resort to a full intraday subscription?

Many thanks,
Daedalus
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by AFJ Garner »

I'm not a superstitious sort of fellow but (as an investor) even I might think hard about using a nom de plume of "Daedalus". :lol:
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Fortunately, I'm not superstitious either. Just trying to master my craft :)
Timek
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Timek »

Hi Daedalus,

You can get intraday prices going back ten years for free by opening a demo account with FXCM or Alpari. You then download their version of MetaTrader 4 from which you can download the prices (in a variety of timeframes).

I cannot vouch for their accuracy as I use a paid data service.

Additionally the Currency Secrets website has some information on free data services but this is a couple of years old.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Timek