Could percent-based indicators be used on RAD futures data?

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
yoyo2000
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Could percent-based indicators be used on RAD futures data?

Post by yoyo2000 »

The RAD futures data from Mr. Strideman is a kind of continuous data which multiply a factor on the the data that should be adjustd,instead of moving it up or down to eliminate the price gaps.

Strideman said,the RAD data could keep the percent-based relationship between price data.Well, in the case of bar-by-bar,he's right,but in the case of data between rolling bar,he's still right?Theoritically,the point value before and after the rolling bar are different because of the factor,is the calculation of mixing different point vaule up reasonable?

Further more,could all the percent-based indicators could be used on the RAD data?I'm not sure about it.

regards.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Why not ask Thomas Stridsman himself? He invented RAD contracts; nobody knows more about them than he does.
Attachments
From Stridsman's book "Trading Systems That Work"
From Stridsman's book "Trading Systems That Work"
ts.png (14.27 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
yoyo2000
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by yoyo2000 »

unfortunately,I got a "The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
Couldn't resolve host 'www.thomasstridsman.com'" error when I tried to access stridsman's web,could you please give me some other clues,please?

regards.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

The search engine "Cuil" found him: http://tinyurl.com/nnpt7k The link gives his telephone number.

Stridsman was a presenter at one of the Trading Blox Conferences; presumably, speaking in English. Thus I assume if you ask nicely, he will speak English to you, on the telephone.
yoyo2000
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by yoyo2000 »

Oh,thanks,sluggo,you are always so warmhearted,but my spoken english is so poor,i think i could not talk with Mr. Stridesman at all,even he wanna to talk with me :(

so i prefer to paste data and process here,guys who are interested in the RAD data could discuss here.

below is my example data.

from the data,there is a quite difference between raw data and RAD data.
Attachments
example data.rar
example data in xls file
(10.15 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
example data snapshot
example data snapshot
example.jpg (180.46 KiB) Viewed 4327 times