CSI / UA problem

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
EDearing

CSI / UA problem

Post by EDearing »

I have been having a bizarre problem with CSI/UA. Since Friday whenever I download fresh data the program gets stuck when "correcting future 1297 (200801) on 20080319".

I then get the message "Fatal Application..." and the program shuts down. I've e-mailed CSI but no response yet.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers,
Ed
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

I'm running 2.9.1 and 2.9.3 under Windows XP and haven't seen that problem. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties.

While waiting for them to reply, maybe you could do some other things just to see if they accidentally help. Such as
  • Database -> Download Replacement Fact Files then reboot
  • Database -> DB Integrity Search then reboot
  • Database -> Refresh Price History then reboot
  • UA Ez Downloader
Yes, three reboots does seem excessive and doing the whole shebang from top to bottom will probably take 30 minutes. But hey, it might help, and if it does, you're back in business long before the reply from CSI tech support is likely to arrive.
Roger Rines
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roger Rines »

When I've had this problem, I employ UA's built-in DB Integrity Search function under the Main-Menu's Database item.

In your case, select the Futures option and click the Search button. If there is a problem with the Futures Database, UA will show it as a problem in the Search Results area and then allow you download a replacement file.

To read up on this, go to the UA Help file Index and enter the term, "DB Integrity". Then click on the matching name.
jungle

Post by jungle »

The CSI advice will likely be download the most recent build [2.10.6] and try again...
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by AFJ Garner »

"Latest Builds" = poison at CSI. See various troubles people have had (myself included). I use 2.9.3
blinkybill
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by blinkybill »

Hi Edearing

I was wondering on another problem whether you got the synch UA problem fixed that you were having before as I have run into this as well?

thanks