10yr Note Trading

How do you know when a trend has started? Ended? This forum is for discussions about trend indicators and signals.
rdh2f
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

10yr Note Trading

Post by rdh2f »

I have traded a medium term MACD system with very good success on the 10yr note for over a year now. Give it a look for yourself, 12,50 and signal 9 using the basic money manager fixed number of contracts. I'm trying to develope a shorter term and preferrably an intraday system 10y note system but no matter what indicators I use and no matter how I slice a system, it always seems to eventually lose money. If anyone has any advice or would like to discuss further, I'd love to share my findings and exchange ideas.
rdh2f
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by rdh2f »

Since no one seems to want to reply, I have found some success intraday in 3 min bars trading the Bollinger Band Counter trend system. It feels like 10y notes counter trend better than they trend intraday.

However, I'd like to program trading rules to only trade during hours I'd like to trade (7am-4pm) and am having diffiuculty programming what I'd actually like to trade in the real world.