Wisdom Financial

Discussions about brokerage firms for futures, stocks and other tradeable instruments.
White Cube
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Wisdom Financial

Post by White Cube »

The recommended broker by tradingblox is Wisdom Financial. I don’t see much discussion on this forum on this broker. I checked the rating on elite trader but could not find it. I found man future but they have a very bad rating. I think both are related to man Financial. I want to trade US and foreign futures. It seems that one of Wisdom Financial advantages is the auto trading capability as they can run trading blox from their own computers. Is their platform the same as Open E Cry ( they look alike) ?On their website I could not see any fees for transaction. Considering the quality of the material and advice provided on trading blox website I think Wisdom Fiancial must have qualities. Is any one here on this forum using them or have on opinion?

Raphael
zacharyoxman
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by zacharyoxman »

Raphael,

Hello, my name is Zach Oxman and I'm the Senior Trader with Wisdom Financial. To be brief, we have used Trading Blox for a number of years to execute systems on behalf of our clients. I am confident that we have some of the most detailed experience in terms of systems execution through TB in the industry.

Regarding Man Financial, I've had great experiences with the firm as an FCM. We are an independent IB, so if you prefer to clear your business at another FCM (RJO, Open Ecry, RCG, etc.), just let me know.

I can provide you a link to client testimonials, firm information, etc. Let me know what I can help you out with or what questions you have.

Thanks!

Zach
866 430 1245

Futures and Options trading involves substantial risk and is not suitable for all investors
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

Another (highly regarded) poster recommends them here:

viewtopic.php?t=2135&highlight=wisdom

I have first hand knowledge of OpenEcry and their platform and can highly recommend that.

Looks like a ringing endorsement both ways.
White Cube
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by White Cube »

Hi Zach,

I am not ready yet to completely autotrade a system. For now I am more thinking of developing a strategy and generate the signals on my computer and then pass the orders to my broker. I understand I could enter my order into your electronic platform. As I live in Europe can I enter the order during the night ET to have the orders filled at the opening the next morning? Or alternatively is it possible to generate orders with Trading blox and send you the order sheet by email so that you can enter them manually for them to be filled the next morning? ( I am always traveling for work and do not always have easy internet access).

As I said I live in Europe. In your opinion to trade mostly US futures (and accessorily foreign futures) is it better to open an account in Dollars or in Euros. In fact what is the better way to protect my self against the change risk?

I did not find any figures for commissions on Wisdom financial website. Do you have information on that?
Can you give me the link to the information that you propose me?

Regards

Raphael
zacharyoxman
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by zacharyoxman »

Raphael,

Thanks for the reply. We definitely have a solution for you.

I'd like to discuss how we can help you better, why don't you email me at zach@wisdomfinancialinc.com or call me (internationally) at 1-949 874 8477. I'd like to discuss your needs in a more private arena.

Thanks!

Zach
Salamander

Wisdom Financial

Post by Salamander »

I have been using Zachary Oxman as the broker for my fund since its inception in September 2006, and have traded personally with him since mid-2005. I would enthusiastically recommend him. He is thorough, skilled, and trustworthy.
White Cube
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by White Cube »

Thanks to Zach, Leapfrog and Zoomy.

I will contact Zach for more information

Raphael
DMFord
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by DMFord »

Hi,

I'd like to add my support for Zach. He helped me get up & running with my first TradingBlox system in August 2007. We spent some important time running simulations with CSI data to make sure we were both perfectly in synch before starting.

Several people on this forum are not keen on MAN Financial who Zach is a broker for - however with Zach on the inside executing my system I have always had good fills even on small orders for thin markets.

Most importantly, given that "to err is human" when there have been occasional errors, Zach has always gone out of his way to put things right - i.e. cancelling/moving/adjusting trades if for some reason there was any deviation from the system.

The first 6 months after I put my money on the line threw up a few anxious moments as I didn't understand fully everything that happened, and I continue to learn a lot - but I'm very glad I've got the support of an understanding broker rather than trying to battle through on my own. You pay for Zachs services by having higher commision costs, however its worth every cent, and I've definately progressed faster with his support.

With some further system development, I'm planning to give up the day job & go full time in a couple of months!
zacharyoxman
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by zacharyoxman »

Thanks Dave!

It's a pleasure working for you, and I look forward to a long, successful partnership :)
phlub
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Wisdom

Post by phlub »

I think you have to consider what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Do you want to just trade the basic markets like Globex, CBOT, ICE? Do you have experience handling orders and positions in those markets?

For me personally, I have an equities background and a trend following system executed thru Blox was a bit new for me. I had very little experience with the mechanics of trading and rolling intermediate term futures positions. Therefore, I needed a broker with 1) access to all of the global markets I wanted to trade, and 2) a personal touch to give me some hand holding from time to time. So - for me - MAN and Zach was a great solution. In addition, Zach was a fantastic partner for helping me construct my porfolio of markets traded as well as suggesting new ones I was not really aware of.

I know little about Wisdom Financial specifically. My account was opened thru them, but really it is at MAN. Wisdom is just the introducing broker.

And, I am sure I could I have saved some money on commissions, and I know there are better front end solutions for order entry. But there is no way I would have gotten any personal attention from those firms - specifically from someone who was operating Blox himself. And I am also pretty sure I would not have had access to the wide variety of global markets that MAN has available. Anyways, just my 2 cents based on my experience with Zach and Wisdom over the last year or so.

Rich
Demon

Post by Demon »

I have known Zach for a couple of years now and he has executed our TB System for most of that time. He has always met my expectations and proved to be genuine and diligent. Any problems that have arisen have always been settled to my satisfaction. Not only is he a competent broker but his enthusiasm for systematic trading and development is one of his real assets and he is certainly eager to get involved and help out in any way he can.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I would like to affirm what others have been saying about Zachary Oxman and Wisdom Financial: excellent, personalized service that is not only tailored to one’s specific needs, but service that includes working overtime to solve urgent problems as they arise. Recently, Zach and I were challenged to solve a particular problem in synchronizing our TradlingBlox systems. I was very impresssed with Zach’s willingness to work with me, over an extended exchange of emails, to get the problem solved. A big ‘thank you’ to Zach for sticking with me as we worked through a lot of detail and reached a good solution.

Steve Leenhouts