ADX of MQL4 don't give same result as ADX of Amibroker

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
Relative
Contributor
Contributor

ADX of MQL4 don't give same result as ADX of Amibroker

Post by Relative »

Hi There,

I have an automatic trader program - written in Amibroker Formula Language (AFL). I would like to translate it to the MQL4 language of the CFG SmartTrader.

I found a diffrence between the results of the ADX indicators of the two languages. I applied the indicator on the same database, same timeframe and same period, but I got diffrent results.

So I would like to know how are these ADX indicators accuratelly working in the diffrent platform environment. In the Amibroker the construction of the ADX() - MDI() and PDI() too - indicator is very simple, has only one parameter the average period. In MQL4 the indicator is little more complex, has many parameters. I tried it with all type of applied price and diffrent way of use but no one gave me equal result to the indicator of Amibroker.

Please help me to find out the calculation methods of the ADX indicators. I would like to know the cause of the diffrence. Where can I found detailed information about these?

Thank you in advance.

Relative