How much Capital to start

Discussions about Money Management and Risk Control.
tikitiki
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: UK Spread Betting Firms

Post by tikitiki »

I contacted Findspreads today, and just FYI, they can not offer services to US citizens at this time.

So, the info provided here appears only to be helpful to a small minority of the audience.

Does anyone know of other ways to trade with a very small amount of capital, specifically from the US? Using the VeriTrade system?
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

Tikitiki said:
So, the info provided here appears only to be helpful to a small minority of the audience.
:lol: Sometimes Americans get accused of arrogance.

See my reply to your other post for one answer.
edward kim
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Re: UK Spread Betting Firms

Post by edward kim »

tikitiki wrote:Does anyone know of other ways to trade with a very small amount of capital, specifically from the US? Using the VeriTrade system?
Trade the markets which have lower volatility, like Eurodollars and corn. You can also trade forex as well.

What is your definition of "small capital"? If you are undercapitalized, maybe you can start trading once your stake gets high enough.

Edward
Forum Mgmnt
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Forum Mgmnt »

Sometimes Americans get accused of arrogance.
It does one good to travel...

Actually I think Kiwi's point is well taken, we have probably more members who aren't from the U.S. than we do from the U.S.

VeriTrader Version 1.6 which supports forex testing with variable sized trade units (and full accounting for carry) is in Beta testing and is almost done. When we finish that, I'll try to do some research on smaller accounts in the $5K to $25k range.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: The discussion about Forex Carry has been moved to a new topic: viewtopic.php?t=1107

My initial testing indicates that a good, well rounded forex portfolio combined with a few choice low volatility markets as Edward suggests will get decent returns, perhaps 50% to 70% of those you might get with a larger account. You will also end up with higher volatility and drawdowns because you won't have the same level of diversification that a larger account enables.

- Forum Mgmnt
Last edited by Forum Mgmnt on Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tikitiki
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Apology to the fourm

Post by tikitiki »

I apologize for my blurt...I was frustrated to see a solution that would only apply if I relocated...

Thank you, Forum Mgmnt, Eck and Kiwi for your replies. I look forward to checking out the new system when it becomes available.

...continue testing and saving money...All I wanted was a quick fix! :oops:

(Back to the psychology forum.)
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

LOL ... apologies for my grumpiness.