CSI has no SGX futures data 8/8/2011 2PM EDT, here's backup

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

CSI has no SGX futures data 8/8/2011 2PM EDT, here's backup

Post by sluggo »

If you are downloading CSI data in preparation for Tuesday's Open in the Asian markets, and if you aren't getting SGX futures data for Monday, then I'm in the same boat as you. The last day in my CSI data stream is Friday 8/5. Yet the SGX futures markets were open on Monday 8/8. I had a couple orders and they were filled.

Luckily the exchange itself gives out the daily OHLC. Here's a link: http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/sgxweb/ho ... es/futures

Yes it certainly is a PITA to manually edit the ASCII price files, and put in the data that CSI hasn't delivered. But it beats doing nothing at all!

Note: Tuesday (not Monday) is a SGX holiday. So you don't need SGX prices to prepare ORDERS. However you do need SGX prices to estimate your current P&L and your current equity, to size positions in the other markets that are open on Tuesday.
rhc
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rhc »

It’s now a few hours after the Singapore open (9th Aug.2011) & I have just downloaded yesterday’s data and can confirm that I have SGX data for the 8th Aug. 2011
Perhaps it was delayed due to the mayhem experienced on world markets yesterday.
Who can know ?
Of course this doesn’t help you since you needed this information before the Asian open.

f.w.i.w., I just checked my trading account and it appears that there is some activity in some SGX contracts.
Upon checking the SGX trading calendar at sgx.com, it seems that some SGX contracts are open on this 'National Day' public holiday but others are not.
Yes, it’s confusing.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Even SSG (CSI number 539)? On Tuesday morning at 1110AM EDT I still don't see any data for Monday 8/8. I did a refresh, a download, a Replace Fact Files, and all the traditional voodoo.
Attachments
SFE_futures_Tues_1110AM_EDT.png
SFE_futures_Tues_1110AM_EDT.png (49.53 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
rhc
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rhc »

I had a look at what was downloaded yesterday and it appears that SSG data for Monday 8th was included in that download.
I should mention that I'm not using CSI, but that shouldn't matter since all data services get their figures from the same source . . . . CSI delayed perhaps?
Anyway here is what I see for SSG;
Attachments
SSG.jpg
SSG.jpg (59.46 KiB) Viewed 3530 times