MGC Last Date 9999

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

MGC Last Date 9999

Post by marriot »

MGC(Micro Gold Comex).
Last date is right and looks exactly like all other files, but theSluggo's "Futures Data investigator" (LINK) reads "minus 9999" as the last date and gives me a warning.
Any idea?

Thank You
Attachments
mgc last.jpg
mgc last.jpg (29.86 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
mgc wrong date.jpg
mgc wrong date.jpg (8.1 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Futures Data Investigator is telling you: There is no data for this instrument. Because there is no data, there is no last record. Because there is no last record, there is no date of the last record.

Like all other Trading Blox systems, Futures Data Investigator contains indicators. These indicators need priming data, just like all other indicators in all other trading systems.

Two of the indicators in the Futures Data Investigator are shown in the image below. One is circled in red and the other is circled in blue.

In my setup, the red indicator needs 20 days of priming. In my setup, the blue indicator needs 150 days of priming. So my setup requires 20+150 = 170 days of priming. If I feed in a price data file that contains less than 170 days of price data, I get the same result: Date of Last Data Record = -9999.

CSI symbol "MGC" has 166 days of price data, as of 03 Jun 2011.

If you own the Builder Edition of Trading Blox, you have access to the Blox Editor. You can use it to modify the system code, and change the #bars in the Slow moving average of Volume (and the Slow moving average of Open Interest) to be a smaller number. Or you can wait five more trading days; by then MGC will have 171 days of price data, which is enough to prime all indicators in the system.

Please note: Trading Blox does not present the priming data to the Futures Data Investigator system. Therefore, the priming data is NOT investigated. The priming data might contain dozens and dozens of horrible mistakes and egregious errors, which Futures Data Investigator never sees and never reports. In "old" markets with years and years of historical data, this is usually acceptable.
Attachments
PRIMING.png
PRIMING.png (70.52 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by marriot »

ouch!
thank you!