DJS, DJB, not updating

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

DJS, DJB, not updating

Post by marriot »

Dont know if you have those simbols in portfolio.
Last update was on 27 apr, i have send alert at csi.
Now the big question is: what to do with open position? grrr
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

One of the things you will do when you are actually trading, is to prepare a file named "Emergency Procedures". In this file you will write down your alternate plans for what you will do when something goes wrong. Then when an emergency arises, you simply read the file and execute your pre-planned solution.

One page in this file will be "Alternate sources of price data". You will probably decide to organize it as a table or spreadsheet, with one row for each of the instruments in your portfolio. Columns will include ProductName, BloxSymbol, CSISymbol, DataSupplier#2, Supplier#2Symbol, DataSupplier#3, Supplier#3Symbol, DownloadURL#2, and so forth.

Just now I opened MY emergency procedures file to see if it could help me locate alternate sources of price data for CSI symbols DJS and DJB. One of the alternatives was a website of free price charts, no subscription necessary, that included the charts below. (Each shows the "M0" (June 2010) contract)
Attachments
charts_from_the_web.png
charts_from_the_web.png (25.48 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by marriot »

Then write it manually and place the file in an other folder just to make shure csi do not overwrite it tomorrow with still missing data.
Great.

My plan was to open a bottle of bordeaux and exit some day by day.
Ok, i will mix the procedures.
Thank you