Whats happened to Troy (oowdg)??

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
edward kim
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by edward kim »

Austrian wrote:I am really angry and fed up, because I ordered and payed per credit card the historical Futures and Forex data - worth US $ 400 on 17th September 2004 from OOWDG - Till now I got nothing.

Sure it was my decision to buy but I thought as data provider for veritrader......

Helmut
you might consider doing a chargeback/investigation on your credit card, and your credit card company will make a phone call to Troy R Barber Enterprises. If he does not respond, the credit card company credits back your account on your next billing cycle.
911s911rs
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by 911s911rs »

Any update on Troy's whereabouts?

I assume the advice is to stay clear? If so, is there a new 'official VeriTrade data provider'? CSI?

Thanks,

Tim
d-g
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by d-g »

There is no official provider, though many of our customers use CSI and we would recommend them.
michelleamira
Contributor
Contributor

any news about Troy?

Post by michelleamira »

I am searching for Troy since august 2004 , does anyone have a news about him?
budonk
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by budonk »

where did the original data included with Veritrader come from?

and why didnt you decide to include a much more robust database with the product (ie i imagine you could ship an option with 30 years of data and people would pay for it already being integrated)

i say this after having already spent two months trying two unacceptable data providers (oowdg and reuters) before settling on CSI.
d-g
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by d-g »

The data that shipped was from OOWDG

We do not ship more because we are not a data provider,
if people intend to trade or test seriously, they should obtain the proper data.
The costs is insignificant compared to the importance of accurate and updated data

If anyone inquires we tell them that though we have helped customers integrate data from Norgate, Pinnacle, Virunet, Reuters, and about 15 other sources, we still prefer and recommend CSI data.

There is no amount or quality of sample data we could provide people that would substiture for a data feed. Why? Because data software gives you the opportunity to try different back adjustment methods, which is critical to constructing the data for testing. There is no substitute for this.

Now what about VeriTrader takign individual contract data and having a back adjustment component. Perhaps one day, but for the time beign why re-invent the wheel?

I think you will be pleased with CSI, once you learn their UA app, which is very complicated.