Tradingblox: Linking Blox

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
ITR2744
Contributor
Contributor

Tradingblox: Linking Blox

Post by ITR2744 »

I am currently playing around with a trial version of TBB. Hence I'm a programming noob I'm not (yet...) ablo to construct ONE complex script. But I try to write several single blox (say some simple individual entry Blox like channelbreakout, moving average crossovers). So, if I want to use 2 or 3 entry Blox (by dragging them into the entry field) at the same time, will TBB link them together automatically with an AND condition?

Thanx
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Interesting; different traders seem always to want different things. For example, I find that I often want individual entry decisions linked with an OR condition. Enter if there's a channel breakout OR if there has been a retracement dip-and-recovery as measured by stochastics. A second example might be the vendor system "CatScan I," which uses the OR of three entry conditions. (They have revised CatScan several times, a fact which may have multiple interpretations. It's now on (revision 4) and I don't know how many different entry conditions are linked together with OR or AND in this revision.)
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

Hi ITR2744,

The Blox work independently. So if you have two entry blox each with a signal condition and broker statements, both blox will place orders into the market. So it's not an AND or an OR, but rather both.

This is most useful when using multiple exit blox, and less useful for multiple entry blox.

To combine logic and state explicitly the AND or the OR condition, one would create one block that has both indicators and signal logic. In this way you can place one order if the signal is generated.
ITR2744
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ITR2744 »

SLUGGO: once again we see, that every trader has his personal needs and has to discover his unique system... 8)

Many thanx to TIM. I will try to create one single block containing my favourite entry signals combined.