Perfect Disk Rx

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Perfect Disk Rx

Post by LeapFrog »

Is this right place to mention a piece of PC maintenance software - hope so.

Sluggo mentioned in another thread a stunt he tried:

After reading these, I concluded it was a good idea to give Blox the maximum amount of memory (physical memory and virtual memory) during a huge overnight run, by performing some unconventional and dangerous stunts:
Physically disconnect the power from the internet connection modem (DSL, cable, satellite, etc)

Disable Internet Security software "until next reboot"

Disable antivirus software "until next reboot"

Start->Accessories->SystemTools->Disk Cleanup

Start->Accessories->SystemTooks->Disk Defragment

Launch massive Blox parameter stepping run & go to bed

which prompted me to post this comment.

For keeping my PC running "fresh and clean" just like a brand new PC, for the past year or two I've been using a combination of 3 different software PC maintenance programs - PerfectDisk 8.0, Evidence Eliminator, and Registry Mechanic. These work great and I always notice a pick up in speed and snappiness after running PerfectDisk in particular (a thorough defragger).

PerfectDisk just came out with a new combo called Rx which I've also installed - it basically does all 3 things in one and runs nicely on automatic (I have this set to run when my screensaver comes on).

Usual disclaimers - buyer beware - but thought I'd mention it since I do find this stuff helps to keep my PCs running at top speed.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

LeapFrog, thanks a lot. I will be buying.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

I'm trying the perfect disk RX trial. Very nice. I like the 'tweeks' section.

Thanks!