Advice on testing software

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
dig1

Advice on testing software

Post by dig1 »

I am trying to evaluate different testing software - Veritrader, Wealth lab, and Trading Recipes and was wondering if any of you could offer advice. I currently use Metastock but it has serious limitations. I would like to be able to program my own systems but do not have a good programming background. Wealth lab seems good with a lot of indicators and a good community but there are many questions with there recent sale to Fidelity. TR is a respectable platform but seems difficult to use and interface with. And, Veritrader is not yet to a programmable stage, is it worth waiting for? Also, what are the prepacked system performance like, are they worth trading? What would any of you recommend for someone who would like to develop some systems but needs a little help in the programming area - or a system code that can be learned. Any other programs to consider? Thanks for any help
Bondtrader
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Bondtrader »