Veritrader for Aberration

Discussions about brokerage firms for futures, stocks and other tradeable instruments.
seale1

Veritrader for Aberration

Post by seale1 »

Good morning Dan and c.f.:

I think I remembered seeing c.f. somewhere saying that a version of VT for Aberration was being worked on and would be released at some point. Any news or was this wishful thinking on my part? Thanks.

Sean
Forum Mgmnt
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Forum Mgmnt »

Sean,

Since Aberration is a proprietary system, we can't and won't offer it for sale to those who aren't legitimate purchasers of Aberration.

If there is enough interest among legitimate Aberration owners we could add an optional module for VeriTrader 1.5 or 2.0 with Aberration included. This would involve some additional work, work which is more easily done with version 2.0 so we could make it available for 1.5 but would probably have to charge $500 to $800 to cover the additional programming, testing and support costs.

- Forum Mgmnt
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

Forum Mgmnt,

Instead of implementing aberration you could do a breakout system from bollinger bands. I am assured that the logic is similar and such systems are public domain in Stridsman's and, I think, Hills books. Two order volatility related filters can make such systems perform better and as someone who created their own but has never seen aberration I would be happy to contribute a couple of ideas that could be added to such a system.

This would be a much better solution than tying in a proprietary system and can certainly give as good a result.

John
Forum Mgmnt
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Forum Mgmnt »

I don't want to comment on whether Aberration is like a bollinger band breakout system or not, however, I will tell you that we've implemented a Bollinger Breakout system in VeriTrader 1.5 which will be out shortly. We're pretty far into the Beta testing with it and I expect to release it shortly.

I think Chuck Lebeau's book talked about this system in 1992 so it's been around for quite some time.

We've also got another system called ATR Channel Breakout that does something similar using ATR for the volatility bands instead of standard deviation. Mark Johnson's PGO system is this same kind of idea.

- Forum Mgmnt