Forex Spreads - Calling Kiwi

Discussions about brokerage firms for futures, stocks and other tradeable instruments.
stephenm

Forex Spreads - Calling Kiwi

Post by stephenm »

John

You mentioned in a psychology thread that you were trading Forex in the Uk using spreads. Was interested in who you use - I've used Cantor and thought about deal4free. Different approaches, with the first giving a straight spread and forward contract, the latter mainly in spot and making the interest adjustments each night.

What's your experience?
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

I use finspreads for index trading and a futures brokers for currencies. I am planning to add deal4free to reduce spread but still for indexes. I trade one specific system with spreadbets that needs small bet sizes.

So, I'm afraid I cant tell you anything other than that finspreads currency prices are actually on the nearest futures contract rather than being on cash.

I just looked at the deal4free documents and they offer rolling cash, monthly and quarterly futures depending on the currency cross rate.

John
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

Sorry, also, in terms of the brokers I have found finspreads to be very helpful. Deal4Free are a bit challenged because they have some funny rules about people in non-UK locations but I think they'd be fine if I was in the UK.

I like Deal4Free's new software quite a lot but wish that just one of them would provide their quotes in a non-java environment so I could calculate spreads directly. :(
stephenm

Post by stephenm »

Clear - I found d4free do offer them all, but push very hard towards having the spot traded. And the spread is wider on the forwards as well.