Vision Express

Discussions about brokerage firms for futures, stocks and other tradeable instruments.
TradingCoach
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Vision Express

Post by TradingCoach »

Anyone know this platform or use it?
it is from
http://www.visionlp.com/

The platform is very decent and apparently supports a chain of futures IB's with decent commission. I hear that they will soon offer securities access.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

I have been running the trial and while it looks OK I do get a lot of error messages - VE seems to want some connection with Internet Explorer, which I don't use for the usual security reasons.

Also difficult to move stops with VE (or at least I find it difficult) and as moving stops is a frequent activity for me that does tend to rule out VE.

PFG's BEST platform is pretty good.
TradingCoach
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

thanks for the feedback

Post by TradingCoach »

what struck me is that it is free and you can enter spreads (!) + they have a real desk more than IB can say...
might want to try VisionPro maybe less error msgs for a price...
Roscoe wrote:I have been running the trial and while it looks OK I do get a lot of error messages - VE seems to want some connection with Internet Explorer, which I don't use for the usual security reasons.

Also difficult to move stops with VE (or at least I find it difficult) and as moving stops is a frequent activity for me that does tend to rule out VE.

PFG's BEST platform is pretty good.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

Hi TradingCoach,

I have tried a heap of order platforms (based on my own requirements for end-of-day futures orders) and VE was the most buggy, which is usually a mark of poor software design. I liked the all-in-one nature of the beast but not the bugs. PFG's BEST Direct and the Open E-Cry platform were the most reliable, while Lind Express came in a close third.

Platforms in this range are usually free so there is nothing unusual in that.