I am looking for good spread broker that handles IRA

Discussions about brokerage firms for futures, stocks and other tradeable instruments.
TradingCoach
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

I am looking for good spread broker that handles IRA

Post by TradingCoach »

I only trade spreads, I like electronic access and phone backup.
Any ideas? US markets are adequate. Must be reasonable as I take no advice.
NeueZiel
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by NeueZiel »

Helllo TradingCoach...

Are you talking about an Individual Retirement Account? Because if you are, spreads are not allowed in many brokerage firms especially the discount brokerages. Only conservative option strategies are allowed --- covered call writing and mostly recently many firms allow naked puts.
TradingCoach
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

yes in an IRA - you can trade futures

Post by TradingCoach »

I have looked at IB (interactive broker), Advanced Futures. Both deal with an IRA costodian, AF charges a $50 setup fee and $100 fee for every year but yoiu can trade anything in the account including futures spreads.
AF deals with MilleniumTrust for the IRA, their software X_Trader has spread capability but it is quite pricy.
The Millennium Trust website is: www.mtrustcompany.com
You are right about the fact that not every broker offers it and they offer IRA account differently.
Wisdom
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Wisdom »

Trading Coach,
I can help you. We clear through Man Financial and have a couple custodians to choose from. Millennium is one of them and the same fees apply. You can place orders online or by telephone and we are very experienced with all spread strategies. We can also provide you with some of the best industry rates available. If you have any questions or interest contact me anytime.
NeueZiel
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by NeueZiel »

TradingCoach:

I would like to truly thank you for this thread. Ya learn something new each and everyday......