Ablesys feedback

How do you know when a trend has started? Ended? This forum is for discussions about trend indicators and signals.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Ablesys feedback

Post by RedRock »

Ive been getting Ablesys solicitations for about forever. Looks like a fairly robust trend following methodology. I've donated plenty to system vendors thru the years but have never bitten on this one.
Curious if anyone has explored the program and has any comments they would care to share? Do they change the 'rules' every few months like some public vendors seem to do? Has anyone tested the intraday data version etc etc etc.
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeviF »

Never heard of it. It just looks like a donchian system?...
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeviF »

nodoodahs
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by nodoodahs »

From the Amazon writeup: "It's universal-applied to any market and any time chart"

I refer to that as "BS." It may or may not be a good system in many markets and timeframes, though.

I wouldn't waste any money on a purchased system. Everything you need to know as a retail systematic technical trader is out there for free, within easy reach of your Google-Fu. Heck, much of what's out there for free beats the big boys!
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeviF »

I'm a sucker for systematic trendfollowing books. Even though they all say the same thing...
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Ablesys also sells software which implements their trading system. The software has an extra cost option that implements positionsizing. I'm not sure I agree with the idea that positionsizing is optional. But hey that's just me.

link: http://www.wintick.com/products/mm