Multi-Model

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
wguan
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Multi-Model

Post by wguan »

I was wondering what others think about parameter insensitive models. These are a set of trading systems that are exploiting the exact same type of anomaly but with varying parameter. For example, trading different versions of RSI2. The idea is to robustly extract profits from an anomaly while avoiding the downside of single parameter set selection. Any thoughts?

Here are a few charts I've put together, but this single experiment may not be very conclusive.

Model1 (rsi1): RSI(2) 50/50
Model2 (rsi2): RSI(2) Buy: <30 Short: >70
Model3 (rsi3): RSI(2) Buy: <30 Sell: >50 Short: >70 Cover: <50
Model4 (no.reb): equal weight but no rebalance
Model5 (reb): equal weight rebalance weekly
Attachments
horizon.png
horizon.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 4585 times
dd.png
dd.png (11.55 KiB) Viewed 4585 times
equity.png
equity.png (10.02 KiB) Viewed 4587 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (5.03 KiB) Viewed 4587 times
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

wguan
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by wguan »

Thanks so much sluggo, just what I was looking for.
wguan
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by wguan »

FWIW, I thought i'd post a superficial analysis to the idea of voting...

I've taken 3 correlated strategies (mean reverting in nature) (signal correlation attached n=60), and tested the performance of equal weighing each strategy verses voting.

The voting procedure was to take trades if 2 or 3 out of 3 strategies provided long or short signals. Equal weight with 33% allocation to each strategy and rebalancing monthly.

Note: results do not include commission + slippage, simulated using daily return of SPY

Edit: one burning question on the back of my mind is how would one go about formulating strategies given a bunch of entry, exit, and money management components. It's probably confidential, but fall river seem to employ computers to search up trading systems. Anyone have any ideas how this works? I'd love to write an algo and test out some truly uncorrelated models. Thanks
Attachments
equity1.png
equity1.png (11.86 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
dd1.png
dd1.png (13.78 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
signal-corr.png
signal-corr.png (34.22 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
rolling250day.png
rolling250day.png (11.97 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
summary.png
summary.png (5.24 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
Macro