Triple MA Entry Flaws?

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
outbackhntr
Contributor
Contributor

Triple MA Entry Flaws?

Post by outbackhntr »

Guys,

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I am analyzing a triple MA system, and as it is written currently, it says to enter short if the system currently is not short, and the short ma < medium ma, and medium ma < long ma. If an initial stop is hit, the ma conditions could still be true, and the system, believing it is not short cause it has been stopped, will enter again because the entry condition is still true. I have been going over the Trades output and just couldn't figure out why it was showing some strange entries. It is my understanding that once a triple MA system gets stopped on the initial entry, it isn't supposed to reenter, unless you program it to that is... as such I think that the triple MA stock system is misleading?

Thoughts?
Jake Carriker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jake Carriker »

You are correct that the Trading Blox built-in Triple Moving Average system re-enters a trade after stopping out if the entry conditions are met. I don't know that this is necessarily "wrong", but I can understand how someone might like to test a version that waits for a new entry signal to enter again or has other re-entry criteria.

Tradng Blox Builder users can easily modify the system to test all kinds of variations.