Editing CSI files

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Editing CSI files

Post by LeviF »

Sometimes I find that CSI makes a gross data error, and I go into the txt file directly to edit it. Then sometimes my daily downloads overwrite the edit with the same error unknowingly which is quite a pain. Anyone else experience this and have a good solution?
babelproofreader
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by babelproofreader »

Perhaps you could write an executable script file to alter your .txt file after it has been updated?
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

Many customers have reported that a quick email to CSI resolves the problem with the next download. Fixing at the source is the solution.
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by marriot »

Related to wrong rollovers, refresh files sometimes fix the problem.
HighSierraTrader
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by HighSierraTrader »

As Tim said, if your data vendor is CSI, contact support@csidata.com with details. In one case I discover a dozen data errors from the 1920s and 1930s for CBOT Wheat and more for LME Lead of a later era. After I inform them 3 times of these errors, they begin to believe me. Then, they assign the issue to an in-house data pro who goes to great lengths to obtain accurate original price data from 80+ years ago needed to fix the errors.

CSI is reasonably communicative with me during the process, which takes a few weeks. During that period I make daily manual adjustments because the daily download reinserts the errors into the data files. After a few days of this, I develop a cut-and-paste approach to speed things up. Since CSI fixes the data I have no further problems.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

HighSierraTrader wrote: After a few days of this, I develop a cut-and-paste approach to speed things up. Since CSI fixes the data I have no further problems.
Thanks for helping clean up the graffiti !