Creating a redundant 2nd party portfolio of quotes?

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
joelnelson
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Creating a redundant 2nd party portfolio of quotes?

Post by joelnelson »

Hi guys,

1st of all Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I wish all of you a safe and happy day with your loved ones.

MY OBJECTIVE:

I would like to set up a portfolio of quotes provided by someone OTHER THAN CSI so i can have a redundant END OF DAY CLOSE quote source.

Something that can allow me to look at END OF DAY CSI data i upload AND COMPARE IT to someone else's data before I run the system for orders for next day?

I thought for sure GOOGLE FINANCE would allow for such a thing, but I can't get the most basic of quotes from GOOGLE FINANCE (i.e. CLZ08).

Is there somewhere online (preferably for FREE) where i can create a portfolio of futures quotes?

Just something i can easily compare CSI data to before i run new orders?

Thanks guys,
joel...

P.S. Any suggestions about how some of you have implemented redundant data checks to your end of day routine would be very much welcomed as well...
Mats
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

I use Pinnacle data for testing

Post by Mats »

I use Pinnacle data as second opinion for testing, works quite good and is cheap!

And easy to setup with Trading Blox, there is a guide in this forum.

Good luck.