Has anyone tried "MetaServer RT" with IB data on T

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Has anyone tried "MetaServer RT" with IB data on T

Post by PTCM »

Has anyone tried "MetaServer RT" with IB data on TS2000i ?

The 3.2version is only US $162.

eSignal costs US $144 / month.

Has anyone tried both ? which one performs better real-time ?
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

Which real time data are you looking for?
Angelo
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by Angelo »

Hi PTCM,
I've been using Metaserver RT 2.0 Pro DDE (but with an Italian data source, I've never used IB data) to feed TS2000i in real time and have no problems with it.

But to compare apples with apples, be aware that esignal has backfill functions, while Metaserver has not.

Maybe you could check if it's still possible to download a free trial version of Metaserver (for just two instruments) before purchasing
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

Angelo wrote:Hi PTCM,
I've been using Metaserver RT 2.0 Pro DDE (but with an Italian data source, I've never used IB data) to feed TS2000i in real time and have no problems with it.

But to compare apples with apples, be aware that esignal has backfill functions, while Metaserver has not.

Maybe you could check if it's still possible to download a free trial version of Metaserver (for just two instruments) before purchasing

Angelo, thanks for your info. the problem is that we're trading Asian futures such as Hang Seng. Metaserver was originally created for European and US traders. I am not able to find a data vendor with futures data from the Hong Kong exchange.

eSignal's back fill function is good, but it's not worth US $144 / month in my opinion.

IB's helpdesk is not very helpful. I need to find someone who has successfully connected IB's data with MetaServer or find a low cost DDE solution to get the data into Metaserver.
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

As Angelo pointed out, there is no back-fill for MetaServer. If you are looking for HSI real time, try www.tq.net
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

mike168 wrote:As Angelo pointed out, there is no back-fill for MetaServer. If you are looking for HSI real time, try www.tq.net
I've spoken the tq.net guys. They have zero technical support.
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

I have been using their HSI real time data for 2-3 years with TS2000i. Their sales service is ABSOLUTELY poor. But their price is reasonable and the only time I need technical support is when their feed is down, which is quite rare.
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

mike168 wrote:I have been using their HSI real time data for 2-3 years with TS2000i. Their sales service is ABSOLUTELY poor. But their price is reasonable and the only time I need technical support is when their feed is down, which is quite rare.

Is your TS2000i generating real-time signals ? Are you based in Hong Kong ?

That guy at this company told me he's not sure how to set up the global server with their datafeed.....
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

Yes. It's generating real time signal. I am in Australia.
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

mike168 wrote:Yes. It's generating real time signal. I am in Australia.

Mike168,

Was the setup process complicated in Global Server ? Also, does your datafeed include both Hang Seng and the "H share futures" ?

Now they are asking for HK $7.000 / year.
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

I don't trade H share future, so I never bother to find out - there is virtually no documentation I received. However, I was involved in their set up for providing Tradestation 2000i compatibility when they launch this service because they are not very familiar with TS2000i at that time. Price seems more or less the same. Level of difficulty depends on your knowledge of TS2000i and Global Server. Remember their "back-fill" data file is in ASCII format. You need 3rd party software to convert to Global Server format for import if you ever need to back-fill.
Their internet server provides HSI, current and next month HSI futures, forex, Nikkei cash.
Before I use their service, I tried Bridge Data, Metaserver (trial version) and Future Source (if I remember correctly).
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

mike168 wrote:I don't trade H share future, so I never bother to find out - there is virtually no documentation I received. However, I was involved in their set up for providing Tradestation 2000i compatibility when they launch this service because they are not very familiar with TS2000i at that time. Price seems more or less the same. Level of difficulty depends on your knowledge of TS2000i and Global Server. Remember their "back-fill" data file is in ASCII format. You need 3rd party software to convert to Global Server format for import if you ever need to back-fill.
Their internet server provides HSI, current and next month HSI futures, forex, Nikkei cash.
Before I use their service, I tried Bridge Data, Metaserver (trial version) and Future Source (if I remember correctly).

Hello mike168,

I just started a trial with tq.net. I understand you've been using it for some time. Just wondering if could tell me the settings required for 2000i's GlobalServer ?

Specfically, I am trying to set up the chart in TradeStation 2000i for the symbol, "HHINF1".

Even though this symbol is already shown in the GlobalServer and the real-time status is connected, I received an error message from the workspace saying "no data available for the selected date range."

All I did was to run their TQP setup program and finish the GlobalServer setup by selecting "DBC Subserver." and add the symbol "HHINF1"

Is there any settings I need to adjust ? Please let me know.

I've tried everything, but coudn't get the data into the chart.

ptcm
Attachments
GlobalServer.jpg
GlobalServer.jpg (59.53 KiB) Viewed 19702 times
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

Mike,

[img]http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/41b2019f ... EBbKGHaRFH

what do you have under root symbol for Hang Seng ?

Also, is the reset box supposed to be checked ?

[/img]

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/41b2019f ... EBgX6O2HuT

many thanks.....
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

Let me try again....
Attachments
Session.jpg
Session.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 19658 times
Spec.jpg
Spec.jpg (40.14 KiB) Viewed 19658 times
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

Sorry PTCM
I haven't visit this forum for a while. Your required settings are attached
Attachments
TQM1.jpg
TQM1.jpg (219.35 KiB) Viewed 19624 times
TQM2.jpg
TQM2.jpg (253.59 KiB) Viewed 19624 times
TQM3.jpg
TQM3.jpg (278.52 KiB) Viewed 19625 times
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

Also this:
Attachments
TQM4.jpg
TQM4.jpg (273.33 KiB) Viewed 19623 times
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Hello Mike,

Post by PTCM »

Hello Mike,

Thank you so much for your response.

I finally got the telequote data into 2000i. But I do have some questions for you.

1) on the captured screen's system clock, it shows 4:01 pm. Is that 4:01 pm local Australia time or GMT ?

2) Also, I notice that your session time has been set in two session. I try to do the same thing, but every time I "uncheck" the reset box, it gives me an error message not allowing me to proceed to the next page....how did you resolve this problem ?

3) I notice that your GMT offset is 480 mins, which is 8 hours. why is that ? I thought Sydney is +10 ?

please let me know. many thanks.....sincerely....

regards, ptcm
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

1. Melbourne Time
2. I do not have this problem. Please double check your order of the session day and time to ensure that they are in sequence.
3. the 480 min is for "UNDEF" exchange which I have use it for the HKFE. That is it is Hong Kong Time. As for the Sydney +10 it is VERY confusion. In daylight saving, we are GMT+11, otherwise we are GMT+10. Australia govertment has the habbit of changing the daylight saving rules as often as they wish and this year the rule is again changed. We should have now been in non-daylight saving time but in fact we still are. This has sent chaos to the PC internal time, digital recorder scheduled recording etc..... :evil:
PTCM
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by PTCM »

mike168 wrote:1. Melbourne Time
2. I do not have this problem. Please double check your order of the session day and time to ensure that they are in sequence.
3. the 480 min is for "UNDEF" exchange which I have use it for the HKFE. That is it is Hong Kong Time. As for the Sydney +10 it is VERY confusion. In daylight saving, we are GMT+11, otherwise we are GMT+10. Australia govertment has the habbit of changing the daylight saving rules as often as they wish and this year the rule is again changed. We should have now been in non-daylight saving time but in fact we still are. This has sent chaos to the PC internal time, digital recorder scheduled recording etc..... :evil:

Hello Mike,

Have you tried eSignal with 2000i to get Hang Seng futures ?

I am attempting to send real-time data from eSignal to TradeStation 2000i's GlobalServer.

The symbols are

HSI U6-HKF
HHI M6-HKF

For some reason, GlobalServer is not receiving the Hang Seng futures symbols. All the US symbols are working correctly.

I suspect that eSignal is not sending out data to GlobalServer correctly. Have you heard about this issue ?
mike168
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by mike168 »

PTCM
No. I have not tried esignal. Please keep us informed of your findings.