triple moving average system vs. 20 day moving average

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
pakua42

triple moving average system vs. 20 day moving average

Post by pakua42 »

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:24 am Post subject: triple moving average system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could tell me 1-how the turtle and triple moving averqage system is doing YTD for the various currencies and futures. 2-It seems that when watching the demo for the trading blox software FOR THE TRIPLE MOVING AVERAGE SYSTEM, it seems that a simple 20 day moving average system would hold its own with the triple crossover system. Is there any way to verify this and can it be tested on the $995 trading blox software package? HOW WOULD A SIMPLE 20 DAY MOVING AVERAGE do backtested over the last couple of years on various instruments? 3-Why dont many people seem to be talking about how well they are doing with the default trading blox software? Is there a secret? -) 4-Can the turtle or triple moving average system be used more successfully in different time frames other than daily for specific currencies, stocks or futures? 5-Many of the experienced traders are telling me to learn coding and/or excel to use the software better. Why? I just want to use the turtle system and possibly compare it with the triple MA system. I dont want too much to play with. I just want to win! I dont want to play with and tweak 10 different systems to get a little bit better return. I want to build up my account first and then I will play and tweak. I would hope I can do very well with the default settings on the 2 system software if I can use my own judgement on what instruments to trade with it. Thats the only decision I feel I should be making to start using the software.

Anyone please feel free to answer any or all questions and give feedback on how you are doing with the software or any other software or methods you might be using.

thanx,
marc
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Recommendations for user pakua42 are found at this hyperlink