Maybe CSI should be based in Kansas, Dorothy.

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
flex
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Maybe CSI should be based in Kansas, Dorothy.

Post by flex »

It would appear that CSI has been blown away by the latest hurricane to hit Florida.
For the last couple of days I've been unable to download Unfair Advantage data via the net or the browser. Their net site is inoperable & the phone won't/can't ring.
What's everyone doing re data during this outage & is there any whisper regarding when CSI expects to have UA up & running again?
TC
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by TC »

It seems extraordinary that CSI does not have contingency plans for such a common occurrence as a hurricane. When customers rely on continuity of data delivery to run their trading business wouldn't you expect, at the very least, that your vendor have back-up operations/data centers for these mission-critical services ?

For all its sins at least TradeStation, also based in Florida, is able to provide me with data this morning as it has every day of this current hurricane season.

Many traders have a back-up ISP to ensure connectivity, I wonder how many have an alternate data vendor ?
Demon

Post by Demon »

I have an alternate - OOWDG! gonna have to re-think this one, I'll have to try and find somebody on the west coast. Anybody any suggestions?
Bollinger

Post by Bollinger »

I was able to download the full data last night around midnight, and did so again for today about an hour ago.

I agree that they need to upgrade their continuity plan. I spoke to someone there about disaster recovery about 6 months ago and their response was that they had it covered, don't worry about it. Clearly they need to rethink that response.