Wick in June Ten Year Note

General discussions about futures.
trendyguy
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Wick in June Ten Year Note

Post by trendyguy »

I received a nasty fill this morning some 2 handles above the market. It seems the June contract was the only one affected. A fat finger error they claim, so far the exchange is not busting it. Did anyone else get stung?
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

That's awful - I hope they bust that for you - they sure should. Push your broker to complain several times to the exchange. I'm still in H, rolling tomorrow.
TK
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by TK »

It is visible on a 30-minute chart at barchart.com.
Attachments
10yr_wick.png
10yr_wick.png (22.7 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Or the 5 minute chart at futuresource http://futuresource.quote.com/charts/ch ... &b=bar&st=
Attachments
june_10yr.png
june_10yr.png (11.71 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeviF »

Eek, thats ugly!
Wisdom
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Wisdom »

From MNS: The CME's Globex Control center says all trades will stand on what was clearly an error trade in June 10-yrs as the contract traded up to the 119-06.5 level at 8:30 am ET. According to time and sales, some 9,174 June 10-yrs at that price in just 1-minute, and compares to current levels of 117-07.5. Those on the sell side are giddy. Meanwhile, some 6,100 June 5-yrs traded up at 116-02.25 at that same time, which compares to current levels of 115-23.75. Those trades stand as well, according to the CME.

You can file a complaint/claim with the exchange. PM if you want the Globex Claim Form.
Mats
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Is it an idea to complain

Post by Mats »

I was caught as well, Interactive brokers only said that this spike was not an error from their systems?

What could i do?

Thanks/Mats
trendyguy
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Hi Mat

Post by trendyguy »

You can file a claim with the cme as I did. This may or may not get you anywhere! I did it more on principal than anything. If no one ever complains, it is unlikely anything will change. I am really unsure as to what critieria, the exchange uses to decide whether or not to bust the trades,but I do not feel in cases like this, the trades should have been busted. This is what I expect from a bucket shop, not a regulated exchange. "Fair and transparent price discovery ", I think not.

You have only ten days to file, so if you are planning on doing it, you should do it soon.

Good Luck