www.mocktrading.com

General discussions about futures.
hlpsg

www.mocktrading.com

Post by hlpsg »

Hi
Has anyone used the services at www.mocktrading.com? I want to sign up but I did not see any link on the site for terminating my account should I wish to do so sometime in future. Just wanted to check if they are a reputable company. Emails to the company were also not answered. (Could it be the 4th July holidays?)

Thanks,
hlpsg
biggdonn

Post by biggdonn »

I used them when I very first started looking at the futures market. I thought that it was an ok place to see just how the ticks affected the dollar value of the account, as well as the relationship between the margin and maintenance. When I was using them they were a free service, you were not locked into anything. I think that they are a pretty basic service. You could test a system on them, but it would have to be a system that was based on the end of the day data. In other words, a long-term system. It would be tough to do a day trading system with mocktrading. If you can get past all of the popup advertisements, then they would be ok to learn the very basics, other than that I really do not know what they are good for. You could easy get more value out of a good backtesting system.

Don
hlpsg

Post by hlpsg »

Hi Biggdonn,
Thanks for the feedback! Do you (or anyone else) have a recommendation for a full service broker that also provides a paper trading service?

Here's what I'm trying to achieve, I'm a newbie to futures trading:-
1) Be able to call and talk to a broker (hopefully a seperate department from the main brokers who handle money) to place a paper trade.

2) After I'm familiar with the ropes, to be able to call a broker to place a real trade.

3) Company has intraday as well as end of day data that can be plotted for me to reference where in a trend I bought and sold. Don't need very complicated TA.

4) After I'm familiar with placing orders, to be able to place complex type orders from my PC. I'd like to be able to place trades like :-
- if going long, buy 1 contract wheat when price hits $xxx stop
- if above order was executed, sell 1 contract wheat when price drops to $xxx stop
- plus other even more complex combinations

Any and all advice welcome! Thank you.

hlpsg