Basic TB questions

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
bf2

Basic TB questions

Post by bf2 »

Questions to Forum Management:
1. Once I buy the software do I get indefinite access to the customer forum?

2. Do I need to get a separate charting software? Another charting software will of course mean more programming for indicators (in a different language), i.e. an overhead.

3. Roughly how often is the software upgraded and after the free upgrade period runs out how much would each upgrade cost?

Thanks.
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

Thanks for your interest in Trading Blox.

1) Yes as a customer you will always have access to the Customer Support forum, the Blox Marketplace, and the Feature Request forum.
2) Trading Blox charts any built in or custom indicators on the price and trades chart. There is also a Quick Chart feature to quickly chart any market and view prices and indicators without running a system. But if you want to draw trend lines or fibonacci type stuff then you would need a charting package.
3) The product comes with 12 months of free upgrades and updates. There are updates about every month or so. After the 12 months, an optional annual maintenance package is offered at 18% of the product price per year.
bf2

Post by bf2 »

One more question:

Let's say I have an indicator and a I have selected a portfolio of 30 markets.
I first want to optimise the parameters of the indicator for each of the 30 markets. My money management rules stay the same.
I then want to backtest the system on the portfolio, using the optimised value for each market.

Can I do this in TB?

Thanks.
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeviF »

This is possible, but you would need a separate indicator for each instrument.

On a side note, it sounds like a pretty bad idea from a robustness standpoint.