CSI doesn't hold LSE data pre 2006 - any idea where to go to

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
James Robertson
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

CSI doesn't hold LSE data pre 2006 - any idea where to go to

Post by James Robertson »

Hi there - I'm new to TB,

I am trading principally the FTSE 100/250 and DAX stocks as CFDs. CSI Data has provided me with the UA link which is excellent for world futures/FOREX but:

The only non US stocks they do are LSE and Canada. Of those the LSE data only goes back to 2006 in the vast majority of instances.

I've had a trawl around google trying to see who supplies proper data for LSE and DAX that I can upload daily (like CSI) and also goes back as far as pos but to no avail.

I thought some of the more experienced people on the forum would probably know - all ideas welcome, happy to pay for the Data of course, not after a freebie but must integrate with TB.

Best,

James
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by AFJ Garner »

Try Equis/Metastock - it is a Reuters company and the data is basically Reuters. It is cheap. I seem to recall that the one basic problem is that they do not give you dividend data. But check it out: I really can't recall what my grumble was. You may find quite a number of stocks need questioning and amending - I certainly found this on a number of indices. They were reasonably swift to correct mistakes, once the errors had been pointed out to them.

http://www.equis.com/products/endofday/ ... ?exchanges
Turtle40
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Turtle40 »

Or you could try Sharescope. The end of day package costs £18 per month and includes data back to 1995.

www.sharescope.co.uk