Anoyone has download problems today..

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
Mats
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Anoyone has download problems today..

Post by Mats »

I am located in Europe and i had problems with the download of csi data.

The download is extremly slow and after a while it is interrupted. I
had contact with CSI but they could not spot the problem. It seems to be some kind of Internet problem as i had tried from three different locations and three internet providers.

It worked with one of my internet providers, this was my backupline with a slow modem.

Anyone sharing my experience?

Anyone had a clue?
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

Yes having the same problem. My hosted server is unable to connect, but my home PC is fine.
Last edited by Tim Arnold on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
tetranomad22435
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by tetranomad22435 »

I have had the same trouble trying to download (Paid CSI a/c rather than sample data) from Australia, although I have only tried from two computers both of which access through the same router and ISP. I emailed CSI, but no response yet. Luckily, I am only paper-trading at the moment, but it has brought to my attention the existence of this potential problem. What have others done in the past when this happens? Unfortunate timing as the last couple of days have been very active ones, so I am annoyed to have missed the signals. I guess an offsite system running a mirror of TBB and CSI, eg. virtual server such as Go Daddy, might help.

It has been interesting watching this paper-trading account almost immediately go into a 30% drawdown within the first month!

Mark
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

my home computer dl'd fine, my server is dead. CSI said something about their NY servers and they knew about 'it'. odd
Last edited by RedRock on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tetranomad22435
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by tetranomad22435 »

I just noticed that CSI have an "Emergency Distribution" link under New & Updates on their homepage, for people having trouble updating UA. The info is helpfully written in white font on a pale-yellow background, and the download link doesn't work. This seems to work though - http://datafutures.net/ua/updates/svcpa ... bution.exe

Mark

PS There is a different "w/ Options" link.