CSI running l a t e

General discussions about futures.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

CSI running l a t e

Post by RedRock »

Anyone else notice the 45-60 min delay on the 8:00 est release over the last week of two? Hope this isn't a new trend...

there 8:51 and now downloading tonight.
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

Yes - I've had to re-run the download as late as 9:00 PM EST to capture the DX, for example.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Move to the Pacific timezone and finish all your downloading + system trading activities before dinnertime. And feel free to enjoy a glass of locally made wine with your meal, without worrying that it may interfere with your after-dinner trading activities. BTW there's no state income tax (and no good weather) in Washington state. Even the Internal Revenue Service says so: http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=130684,00.html
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

sluggo wrote:Move to the Pacific timezone and finish all your downloading + system trading activities before dinnertime. And feel free to enjoy a glass of locally made wine with your meal, without worrying that it may interfere with your after-dinner trading activities. BTW there's no state income tax (and no good weather) in Washington state. Even the Internal Revenue Service says so: http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=130684,00.html
I love when I'm out west in the fall. Its so nice getting the data earlier and being able to have a life in the evenings... Not to mention trading london... Two more years here in the midwest till I join you... (if the fates allow) Cant wait...
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

Upon enquiring last night about yet another late issuance of yesterday's data, the friendly and helpful folks at CSI provided the following response.

That's a pretty good answer I think and one I can work with.

Guess I can delay my plans to move in with Sluggo for now...although the "winetime" does sound appealing.
Attachments
CSI Response 3.PNG (47.95 KiB) Viewed 12197 times
CSI Response 2.PNG (85.88 KiB) Viewed 12197 times
CSI Response 1.PNG (60.56 KiB) Viewed 12197 times
stamo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by stamo »

I have EZ Downloader as a scheduled task but it starts right away.

Has anyone gotten EZ Downloader to "Wait for Everything Traded"?

I've got an email into CSI support asking about this -- thought I'd check here, too.
svquant
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by svquant »

Stevo:

Do you have wait for everything in UA itself? If I remember correctly you must have it set via UA for it to impact EZ...

Of course things may have changed since I last tried this due to UA changes.
stamo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by stamo »

I've set it in UA and that works (UA waits for everything traded) but EZ downloader still goes right away (doesn't wait).

CSI replied: "Sorry it only will work when using the main UA menu."

I have asked CSI for that feature to be added to EZ Downloader:

'Could you put in a feature request to allow EZ Downloader to be set to "Wait for Everything Traded" just like UA?'

I like EZ Downloader because I can set it as a Scheduled Task and it will start, download, exit and then run TB (if you set it to run TB in UA Preferences).

In the meantime I'll just manually start a UA download which does the same but doesn't exit.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

LeapFrog wrote:Upon enquiring last night about yet another late issuance of yesterday's data, the friendly and helpful folks at CSI provided the following response.

That's a pretty good answer I think and one I can work with.
Thanks for the answer from our horses mouth.. oooooo I suddenly imagine Mr Ed answering the phone at csi.. weird. Hopefully all will be even better than before sooner rather than later.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

svquant wrote:Stevo:

Do you have wait for everything in UA itself? If I remember correctly you must have it set via UA for it to impact EZ...
If a few markets are missing, could impact equity and sizing for other markets new orders. And lately, its been most all futures data, not just the 800 set and revisions. Hopefully they will be running smoothly soon...
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

Just got another nice note updating me on their progress (wow, all within the past 12 hours).

They said they are taking my email to them very seriously and have forwarded it around the company, including to the President, and are shooting for a fix within a few days.

I'm impressed!
stamo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by stamo »

Rudi at CSI gave a good reply to my request for EZ Downloader to "Wait for Everything Traded":

"We (w)ill work this into a future upgrade."
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

Starting to become peeved::: no longer simply concerned...

Good evening, It is 8:35 PM EST, and I am typing this note instead of processing my daily trades. There has been a disturbing trend recently in the timeliness of your futures data release. The 8PM "good to go" now seems to be coming available about a 1/4 to nine or later. At 8PM est, most markets have already been open for two hours. So even 8 pm is really behind the need. But... a 1/4 to nine PM EST, really makes me ponder the reliance on CSI as primary futures data provider... While a day or possibly two of such delays is understandable now and then. Perhaps a natural disaster. Or perhaps equipment upgrades which were not implemented in fail safe priority.

Regardless of the cause, the situation is not acceptable to market professionals. I sincerely hope
that the tardiness will not persist and that you grasp the importance of timeliness in the service you hope to continue to market.

"rr" 8:44 PM (no data)
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

9:30 PM EST and no data.

Just got off the phone with tech support. Apparently a server crashed and they are reloading all the data - will take another hour (10:30 PM EST).
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

Via phone at 9:29 est pm

" perhaps at least another hour because we have no backup servers to switch to... Our server crashed today and we are reloading the data "
LeviF
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeviF »

9:30ish eastern, download started.
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

LeviF wrote:9:30ish eastern, download started.
Look at that - faster than a New York Minute!
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

LeapFrog wrote:
LeviF wrote:9:30ish eastern, download started.
Look at that - faster than a New York Minute!
Not however the complete release. but, fewer to have to manually update. Hopefully all will be in soon.

I am (shame on me) surprised that a hot swap backup server is not in place...
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

10:26 data released
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

7:50 all data released ahead of schedule... hopefully a trend reversal... :-)