OCO+GTC

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
kianti
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

OCO+GTC

Post by kianti »

I'm looking for a futures trading platform able to keep OCO orders on their server, i.e when I turn of my PC OCO will keep working.
Any idea or suggestion to solve the issue is very welcome.

Best regards as ever
td80
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by td80 »

Hopefully I can be of some help on this topic with some google-fu:

http://www.bigmiketrading.com/platforms ... stops.html

It seems Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, and perhaps Strategy Runner will do it as well.

On another note in reference to your screen name, I'll be visiting Italy (getting married in Tuscany!) and France next spring, and I plan on tasting some of the local Chianti in the process. I look forward to visiting Italia! Of all the places on Earth we chose your beautiful country. 8)
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Re: OCO+GTC

Post by LeapFrog »

kianti wrote:I'm looking for a futures trading platform able to keep OCO orders on their server, i.e when I turn of my PC OCO will keep working.
Any idea or suggestion to solve the issue is very welcome.

Best regards as ever
My broker (OEC) does what you ask - OCO, OSO, time release, and a whole bunch of other sophisticated order management - check out their website for more info. I place my orders in the evening for various markets around the world. Some are released into the wild immediately, others are time release around exchange opening times. The broker's server holds all these and I shut down my PC when done.
td80
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by td80 »

By OEC I believe Leapfrog means OpenEcry:

http://www.openecry.com/
Moto moto
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Moto moto »

I use both Interactive brokers and OEC
both are good.
OEC has better more interesting charts and is rapidly expanding its stocks, futures, options choices. (currently less than IB)
IB seems to have more algorithmic order types (which I dont use) and better API access (again which I dont use)
Both have been reliable so far and commissions are similar.

Also there are some subtle differences about the OCO (and other) definitions that often get debated on other sites, so depending on your needs its definitely worth checking exactly what you get with the system you choose.

For my money - OEC seems to be doing more retail active trading improvements/upgrades and if it can keep it up will be a more user friendly more rounded - charts + market access. (they have a demo system that is free for 30 days - approx $30 - per month after that)
kianti
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by kianti »

Thanks all for your kind replies,
I was aware of Interactive Brokers supporting server side synthetic orders. I'll be testing Strategy Runner. Also CQG trading application seems to support the above orders.

td80 wrote:'ll be visiting Italy (getting married in Tuscany!) and France next spring, and I plan on tasting some of the local Chianti in the process. I look forward to visiting Italia! Of all the places on Earth we chose your beautiful country. 8)
Where do you get married? PM me for any help or assistance

Best regards, as ever
td80
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by td80 »

kianti wrote:'Where do you get married? PM me for any help or assistance
Thank you for the offer. I would like to extend the same if you ever find yourself headed to California/USA. Donnini Italia is the spot! PM'd you the details.
kianti
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by kianti »

td80 wrote:Thank you for the offer. I would like to extend the same if you ever find yourself headed to California/USA
Thanks for the kind offer.

I'm testing CQG Trader and it does the job.

Best regards, as ever