ICE Food & Fiber futures

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
mktmkr
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

ICE Food & Fiber futures

Post by mktmkr »

Just upgraded CSI to world futures so I can have access to ICE but when I look to add ICE futures all I see are the energy contracts and Robusta Coffee. Anyone know where the cotton, sugar, etc contracts would be?
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

CSI tends to use the "old" names of exchanges. Look for the Coffee Sugar and Cocoa Exchange, the New York Cotton Exchange, the New York Futures Exchange, the New York Board of Trade, FINEX, that sort of thing.
Attachments
pic2.png
pic2.png (15.4 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
pic1.png
pic1.png (16.97 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
mktmkr
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mktmkr »

Got it, I guess my real question is does the data look at combined info from globex and ICE? Seems like ICE is the spot to trade food/fiber futures.
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by 7432 »

the globex data reflects the (old)NYMEX contracts, which are non liquid contracts from the days when NYMEX and NYBOT were trying to merge.
the ICE data, which is listed as NYCE, is the old CSCE and NYCE which merged to form NYBOT and then became NYCE which ICE bought.

anyway, sort the markets by name, download all of the sugar contracts, 19 of them?, and make a decision based on volume or access or something.
you'll probably end up with SB2 and LSU.
SB1 shows lots of volume, that's because ICE lists futures spreads as individual month volume.