Warning: Potential CSI Data Problem - March Corn Low

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
Algonquin
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Warning: Potential CSI Data Problem - March Corn Low

Post by Algonquin »

The low price CSI is posting for March Corn on February 8 appears to be too low. The correct low as reported by the exchange is 353.40. CSI is reporting a much lower low. Has anyone else encountered this?
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

For CSI commodity number 9, symbol "C", UA tells me the low was 354.75

For CSI commodity number 412, symbol "C2", UA tells me the low was 347.25
Jez Liberty
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Jez Liberty »

mmmmh - I have different values in "my" CSI:

Corn #9 Low: 354.60
Corn #412 Low: 353.40

both values for 08/02

I just downloaded data 30 mins ago
rhc
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rhc »

I use Premium data rather than CSI but I can confirm that for Monday 8th Feb 2010 I have the following;

Corn C (Floor only) - Low = 354 3/4
Corn C2 (Floor & Electronic) - Low = 347 1/4

(basically as per Sluggo's CSI data above)
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by 7432 »

when checking for correct prices as reported by the CME keep in mind that the daily bulletin is reporting regular trading hours only, so compare the daily bulletin against Corn C or Corn #9, floor only.

when you select a commodity, corn, then settlements on CME's webpage it is supposed to reflect a composite of the day's activity, so compare it against floor and electronic, #412.

for that monday there is an 'A' next to the low of 347'2 which means some joker posted an offer at some point that is lower than the lowest actual traded price.
the spreads are about 11(k) and 22(n) cents so the 347'2 low offer is clearly off by 4-5 cents.
my csi data has cleared that offer print, but the CME website still has it posted.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

Thanks for doing the research!
7432 wrote: for that monday there is an 'A' next to the low of 347'2 which means some joker posted an offer at some point that is lower than the lowest actual traded price.
the spreads are about 11(k) and 22(n) cents so the 347'2 low offer is clearly off by 4-5 cents.
my csi data has cleared that offer print, but the CME website still has it posted.