CSI 2.10.7.99 - resets rollover months upon closing...

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

CSI 2.10.7.99 - resets rollover months upon closing...

Post by LeapFrog »

FYI...

When using fixed date rollovers in this version (the latest one), if you use custom rollover months (like I do in some cases), when closing the edit screen after customizing, CSI throws back in the default settings for rollover months.

You can just see them flash on the screen before the window closes. Does not happen every time though, so to get the months I/you want, you have to click slickly.

I've reported it to CSI Tech Support who are working on it.
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

I continue to experience problems with this bug and CSI are yet to address the issue.

I was looking for a way to view all my custom selected rollover months out of CSI but there appears no way to do this other than choosing each file and viewing the file properties "Contract Months To Include".

There is a hint. By looking at the Current Contract date (see below) I can check that the front month is accurate. For example, CSI thinks October (V) is an active month for GC2. I happen to prefer only to trade GJMQZ...shown below is the correct front month of December 09.

Here's the interesting part. If I open TB's Futures Dictionary and "Sync" the data for this instrument, I would have expected it to show the months I chose - it doesn't - it shows CSI's default months (includes "V").

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature of TB, but something to be aware of. Or it could be another bug in CSI, or just the way TB and CSI Sync.

Another dog's breakfast though - everything all over the place.
Attachments
GC2
GC2
GC2 months.PNG (7.92 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
Front Month
Front Month
GC2 Front Month.PNG (7.72 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

LeapFrog wrote:I was looking for a way to view all my custom selected rollover months out of CSI but there appears no way to do this other than choosing each file and viewing the file properties "Contract Months To Include"
I'm running Windows XP so I was not forced to upgrade to the latest Vista-inspired release of UA. In the version that I run (CSI UA 2.9), this info is present in the human-readable ASCII text file called "portfile.adm". They use the letter "I" (for inactive) to denote the user has not marked this month with an X and they use the letter "A" (for active) to mean the user did mark this month with an X.

So it is possible to write a little program that reads portfile.adm and tells you which months are chosen, for each instrument in the portfolio.
Attachments
UA file properties (top), portfile.adm (bottom)
UA file properties (top), portfile.adm (bottom)
gold1.png (45.25 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

I see that line of code in that machine language file you referred to - it looks like this:

"IAIAIAIAIAIIIA" ValidMonths

and there appears to be a unique record for each instrument in the portfolio. What a mess.

Is there a way to "downgrade" this pesky latest version I have to what I presume is your stable version 2.9 Sluggo?

Clearly it was a mistake to upgrade to their latest version. And I'm running Win XP Pro.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Well I did find this on their software downloads page, but I can't tell if the link is alive or dead. Give it a try and/or phone them up and ask for help. Once upon a time they would mail you a CD if you paid a $10 fee, maybe they'll do that for this 2006 release (??)
Attachments
CSI home page -> Software Downloads -> scroll to bottom
CSI home page -> Software Downloads -> scroll to bottom
swdl.png (22.8 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
LeapFrog
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by LeapFrog »

The fix for this just came out. Go to the CSI Support Blox and look for NEWEST BUILD v2.10.7.9x and download and install.

Version will be v2.10.7.100