London Coffee changing size

General discussions about futures.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

London Coffee changing size

Post by RedRock »

I needed a bit of clarification on what was happening with robusta london coffee. Thought I'd share the exchanges reply with you ladies and gentlemen...

Hi xxxxx,

Lynn Martin from our US office forwarded your query regarding the new coffee contract.

We have listed in parallel to the existing 5 tonnes Robusta Coffee contract a new 10 tonnes Robusta Coffee contract, contract #409. For more information on the contract, including the contract specs, please visit http://www.euronext.com/trader/contract ... RC-LON-FUT.

The increased lot size makes the contract more relevant to physical traders for their hedging requirements. It is also means the tick value of the contract has doubled from $5 per contract to $10 per contract.

Currently, both the 5 tonnes contract (#406) and the 10 tonnes contract (#409) are listed and trading. The last contract month listed for the current 5 tonnes contract is January 2009, which expires on the last trading day, 31 January 2009. From 1 February 2009 forward, starting with the March 2009 contract month, only the new 10 tonnes contract will be listed.

Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Aaron