Just thought I would show my face again...

Discussions about Money Management and Risk Control.
CrAcKhOuR

Just thought I would show my face again...

Post by CrAcKhOuR »

This is a message to anyone on a low...

I am still quite young and irreverant, however, I have just become the proud owner of a seven figure year!

In the beginning of 2007 I lost a hundred and fifty grand in three days of hell and torture in the european S+P/MIB..

I watched every trade go wrong and bled from my eyes watching every stop get demolished and when the smoke cleared HALF of my account was AWOL!!!

I took a two month break and then stepped back up to the plate and made nearly £ 2.3m in under seven months!!! (including a 3000 point day on the hang seng)..!!

I never tell anyone how much Ive made,in cash terms as I believe it is an unwritten rule, however you all as traders should know that there is still masses of cash out there and my friends it is easier than ever now with us interest rates etc...

Keep your OWN vision and never give up!
I realise this post may seem crass to some and I will simply say Im really not that bothered! :wink:

Good luck and go for it!!
(I have and am now wearing high length, lizzard-skin thigh boots)

Hope your trading goes to the stratosphere!
TrendMonkey
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by TrendMonkey »

Are you going to post when you have a negative seven figure year, too?
CrAcKhOuR

Post by CrAcKhOuR »

To be honest probably so,

In the unfortunate event this happens, I would be very glad to post any lessons learnt so others may avoid a similar fate..

I have never had so much confidence as I have now, Something to to with trusting myself to do whatever it takes in any given market situation..
I believe i've gained this new found certainty in only a few months through having put my neck on the block in such a prolonged way.

Some of you probably earn tens of millions or whatever per year, and this may not be a big deal to some, But its a whole lot more than I thought I would ever achieve even maybe in a lifetime!!

I get your point though and will always be vigilant with money management, and hope never to loose all my capital..

At the moment all seems ok ,however we all know what comes after a peak!!

Who was it who sung..
Know when to hold em
Know when to fold em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run?
painless
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by painless »

Good for you, enjoy it.
My two cents worth! Pull out a chunk and put it somewhere safe. Then start again with a smaller stake. Then you can have the fun of doing it all again. I haven't got over the smaller stake part yet but I think I have the answer to that now. :)
corvus

Re: Just thought I would show my face again...

Post by corvus »

CrAcKhOuR wrote: In the beginning of 2007 I lost a hundred and fifty grand in three days of hell and torture in the european S+P/MIB..

I watched every trade go wrong and bled from my eyes watching every stop get demolished and when the smoke cleared HALF of my account was AWOL!!!

I took a two month break and then stepped back up to the plate and made nearly £ 2.3m in under seven months!!! (including a 3000 point day on the hang seng)..!!

I never tell anyone how much Ive made,in cash terms as I believe it is an unwritten rule, however you all as traders should know that there is still masses of cash out there and my friends it is easier than ever now with us interest rates etc...

Good luck and go for it!!
(I have and am now wearing high length, lizzard-skin thigh boots)
I've always put more of an empahsis on the percentage gain. 100M$ account yeilding 1M$ is an unimpressive 1%. But 1M$ on 300K$ (as I think you are implying) is quite a different story.

In either case, good on you.

Corvus