Trading Blox Builder

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
ekl
Contributor
Contributor

Trading Blox Builder

Post by ekl »

I am interested to learn more about TradeBlox Builder in order to evaluate if it can meet my requirements.

I have tried to read everything I have found on the web site and have additional questions:

1) Is there an evaluation version ?

2) Can other (than traded instrument) price series be used for creating entry/exit strategy ? And even more important,
can other data be used in position/portfolio management block.
E.g. can decission about a new position be based on VaR of all currently open positions
(price data for all currently open positios must be analyzed) ?

3) Data sources are only ASCII files. No data adapters are available to access data in provider's native format ?

4) Is there possibility to use functiions from external dll written in other languages,
e.g entry decission based on a function written in C# ?

Thanks for the feedback
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Trading Blox.

1) Yes, there is a 7 day free trial. You can send a request to freetrial@tradingblox.com.

2) Yes, any data can be loaded. Market data can be loaded and associated with the markets for use with signal generation or money/risk/portfolio management. Data can also be loaded in a generic fashion unrelated to specific markets.

3) One can analyze all the open positions and historical price series at any time, for use in signal generation or money/risk/portfolio management.

4) DLL's are not supported at this time. Most customers find the Blox Basic scripting language and external read/write file access powerful enough to do complex analysis.

Hope that helps.