Data - Where is the best place to get it?

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
dmbao

Data - Where is the best place to get it?

Post by dmbao »

I am looking to build a futures database. A pretty inclusive one. I don't use continuous contracts, I need the original full contracts of data like OL200206, OL200207 etc.

Where is the best place to get this?

thanks

dan
Turtle40
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Turtle40 »

Dan,

I think the generally accepted "best" supplier for data is CSI, (www.csidata.com).

You can have all manner of contract types, including IFGs, (individual futures groups), consisting of the nearest contracts.

They are very good and reasonably priced, and the best bit....
the data integrates easily with TBB!

Hope that helps.

-Turtle40
goldfish

Post by goldfish »

Dan,

I use http://www.pinnacledata.com. thay are smaller and i am very happy with their customer service. the only thing is they do not have stock data. so if you also need equities you will need to go somewhere else.

goldfish
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

If you don't mind programming (or hiring programmers), the Applications Programming Interface for CSI's Unfair Advantage lets you access the individual "raw" contract data quite readily. Also, because the API doesn't use UA's "Portfolios", it lets you access an unlimited number of instruments. You aren't restricted to 40-markets-at-any-one-time or some other upper limit determined by how much you pay annually. It's quite a nice little loophole: if you're diligent enough to use the API, we'll let you have Fund Manager Professional access while paying Bumbling Retail Trader prices.