Data tools to build continuous futures eod data?

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
isaac000
Contributor
Contributor

Data tools to build continuous futures eod data?

Post by isaac000 »

Hi all,

I am new to testing trading strategies. I have daily futures ascii data like CL04H, CL04M, CL04U,.....etc. Can anyone tell me where I can find a program to link them together and make a continuous contract? Back-adjusted method is preferred.

Thanks in advance!
Tulip
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Tulip »

Pinnacle has a product call DataMaker that handle this stuff, but Im not certain if it's available to non-data subscribers. You might contact them to get more info.
isaac000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by isaac000 »

Tulip wrote:Pinnacle has a product call DataMaker that handle this stuff, but Im not certain if it's available to non-data subscribers. You might contact them to get more info.
I just called Pinnacle and was told Datamaker only works with their proprietary binary format data. But thanks anyway.

Anyone else with suggestions?
d-g
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by d-g »

You will find that most back adjusting software works this way, in conjunction with specific data vendor products... that is normally part of what people pay for, the flexibility in back adjustment methods, etc.
Roger Rines
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roger Rines »

isaac000,

Take a look at this page and download the Help file to see if it is what you want to do:
http://www.megapathdsl.net/~rdrines/dmw ... wanted.htm

If you decide this is right for you, use the email link on that page and send your email information.

When your information is forward I'll see the software gets to you before the week is done.
isaac000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by isaac000 »

Roger Rines wrote:isaac000,

Take a look at this page and download the Help file to see if it is what you want to do:

If you decide this is right for you, use the email link on that page and send your email information.

When your information is forward I'll see the software gets to you before the week is done.
Thanks Roger! This looks like exactly what I need. I went through the help file, and sent an e-mail to Larry. I will test it as soon as I get the software, then report my experience on the forum.
Ragnar D.

dmaxx

Post by Ragnar D. »

isaac000
Contributor
Contributor

Re: dmaxx

Post by isaac000 »

Ragnar D. wrote:http://www.dmaxx.com/TheBooks/DataManager.htm

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info Ragner. But the web site says TheBooks is designed for CTA with managed accounts or CPO. It's based on MS SQL Server which indicates a big application with big cost associated with it. However I didn't see how much it costs on their web site. but it won't be cheap. Maybe I am missing something?

Isaac
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by AFJ Garner »

Roger, this link no longer works. Is there an alternative?
Roger Rines
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roger Rines »

Our beta phase is done, but I'll still make it available. Just send me an email through the PM and I'll send the installer back to the address you provide.

This program's installer file size, most of which is the Help file, is about 1.6 MB, so be sure the address you provide can take that size, or tell me it can't and I'll find the time to put it some place where you can download it.

Will this work?