When to increase position sizing?

Discussions about Money Management and Risk Control.
oem7110
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

When to increase position sizing?

Post by oem7110 »

Initial capital is $15000, and keep position sizing at 5000 if capital is growing steadily, I would like to know on when to increase position sizing and how much to increase position sizing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Re: When to increase position sizing?

Post by sluggo »

I suggest you invent four or five position size increasing rules, and try them out in backtesting simulations.

Identify the two rules whose backtest results please you the most. Trade half of your money using rule A, and the other half of your money using rule B. For diversification.
oem7110
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by oem7110 »

Thank you very much for suggestions :>
sinkpretend

Post by sinkpretend »

Your position size increase in basically your own idea only you can decide weather to increase it or not for that you need to follow your guts, But I can give you a advise with the decision. If you think that your capital is increasing and its optimum time to increase the position size then formulate all the possibilities that can take you back and once you have completed this feasibility study increase your position size to a minimum of 10% of capital rise or to a maximum of 30% of your capital rise
adam01barry
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adam01barry »

Thank you for suggestions.
John_Livermore
Contributor
Contributor

Post by John_Livermore »

oem7110 wrote: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:53 pm Initial capital is $15000, and keep position sizing at 5000 if capital is growing steadily, I would like to know on when to increase position sizing and how much to increase position sizing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Personally I use always fiexd % of my current account. You stay always tuned to the size of your account. :wink: If you prefer different % for different trading systems you could also split the account into two and grow them separately.
LewisRulapaugh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LewisRulapaugh »

sinkpretend wrote: Fri May 08, 2015 10:34 am Your position size increase in basically your own idea only you can decide weather to increase it or not for that you need to follow your guts, But I can give you a advise with the decision. If you think that your capital is increasing and its optimum time to increase the position size then formulate all the possibilities that can take you back and once you have completed this feasibility study increase your position size to a minimum of 10% of capital rise or to a maximum of 30% of your capital rise
Great advice, thank you. :)