CSI Gone a tad crazy >

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
Chris67
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

CSI Gone a tad crazy >

Post by Chris67 »

When downloading data for evening trading an hour ago i had about 30 markets that suddenly rolled to crazy places
On re-downloading they have now taken all teh data off these contrtacts for the 25th e.g Euribor / Euroswiss , london cocoa , london wheat ? - I have a call in - i imagine they are aware of the problem
C
Josh Reed @ CSI

crazy places?

Post by Josh Reed @ CSI »

Chris, could you please describe what this means so I can understand?
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

adjust old data

Post by marriot »

Hi Josh,
every adjustment of data give us a lot o problems.
One position changed act like the famous batterfly effect: it change the final equity, it change positions in more then one market.
I am shure that here, all of us would be happy with an option like : want you csidata make adjustments on your old data?
A "dream" would be also to return back when it was possible for costumer make some adjustment.

Thank You
Demon

Post by Demon »

Hi Marriot, I'm curious. Whilst I understand when you say adjustments cause you problems, would you really not want to correct a known error in your data? Surely its better to adjust a trade thats based on incorrect data rather than ignore the error and continue with it as is? One thing you could do is make a backup of your ua folder every day using an application such as SyncToy. Therefore if you have an issue due to a data correction you can at least go back to the previous day to help you with your process. Whilst not a 'fix' it may make the 'problem' easier to deal with.
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by marriot »

Get fresh and perfect data only when refreshing simbols.
Restore the old possibility to rewrite manually some very bad tick.
This would be great.
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by marriot »

One doesn't need bad data or data complications to add to that.
If you, or Tim, can help me better understand, I'm here to listen and handle. It won't take more, just get me over the peak, where you are saying the Asian data get's corrupted.
If I could see how, and then how it is resolved, I can most likely track down the problem.
With Best Regards,
Josh Reed
We still have this conundrum:
What happen when on rollovers data go bad?
Why refreshing file help?
Have you some suggestion for Josh?
Please.
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Re: CSI Gone a tad crazy >

Post by marriot »

I can understand that trouble can happen.
But don't you think would be nice to send an email when something is going wrong?
Do we have to stay hours in front of the screen waiting for update?
marriot
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by marriot »

Hi Josh,
First of all, let me say that i love you : )

Yesterday Csi change dacimals on KLI index .
This is the answer from Database support:

"Sincere apologies for the error. We made the correction, please redownload your daily data ."
It is not true.
Till yesterday KLI prices was something like: 1750.50
Now are 17505.00
We need to get warning on those kind of change.
Please.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

This probably won't help but let me say it anyway: I have been using Pinnacle Data since the turn of the century (damn, now I really feel old...) and I have never once had a data issue. Not one. In that time I have seen a lot of posts about CSI data problems. Data reliability has to be one of the most important things in this business.