Very Basic question about CSI

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
mpok8
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Very Basic question about CSI

Post by mpok8 »

I understand that it is possible to upload from CSI into tradingblox instruments that are not included in the sample data (for example some stock indices). Can someone confirm to me whether these instruments that are not included in the standard package that trading blox uploads from csi are free? I do not know if there is a problem with my computer but I cannot even upload UA. Do I have to pay a fee to upload UA for EOD data? Can someone point me to the link as I may be trying to download the wrong one... Sorry if this is a really basic question!
Asamat
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Asamat »

CSI is a data vendor. They sell EOD data, and so - yes, they charge you. Their software is named Unfair Advantage, abbreviated UA. When you are a CSI customer you can extract EOD data from their UA software in several formats, one of them being csv, which is then digested by TB.

If you find CSI too expensive for your budget, many forum members use Pinnacle as an alternative. Of course, you may also hunt the net for free data. You will find, however, that free data contains more errors compared to data vendors. Then it comes down to your descision between spending your time hunting and cleaning data and constructing trading systems.