CSI Portfolio Editing

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
cbrenner
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

CSI Portfolio Editing

Post by cbrenner »

I have multiple roll triggers being used for commodities within a single portfolio using CSI UA 2.10.6. I would like to change the representative pricing and "generate forward" check box across the entire portfolio (these parameters would be the same across the portfolio) without impacting the unique roll triggers.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to do this in a wholesale fashion across the portfolio or must I go through each individual file within the portfolio and make these adjustments?

In my testing, I will need to modify various parameters while maintaining the unique roll triggers so manually updating each file within a portfolio will be very time consuming.

Thanks,
Craig
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

cbrenner
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by cbrenner »

The links you posted come back with the message, "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

CB
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

cbrenner wrote:The links you posted come back with the message, "The topic or post you requested does not exist" CB
That's because they are in the area of this website called "Trading Blox Support". And that area is only accessible by Roundtable members who have been put into the category "Blox Customers" by the website staff. I suggest you petition them for increased access rights.
cbrenner
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by cbrenner »

Just to provide an update. I received this message from one of the CSI software developers:
The only other way I can think of would be to open the ua\archives\portfile.adm in notepad, while UA is not up, and set up a Replace search on
'GenerateForward'

Edit - Find/Replace ... from '0 GenerateForward' to '1 GenerateForward'

For representative pricing:

Edit - Find/Replace ... '0 rollDeltaComputatationType' to '1/2/3 rollDeltaComputatationType'
As Sluggo said, though, this is not for the novice user. Determining which portfolio is which in the portfile.adm can be a bit challenging as you don't want to do a wholesale find/replace if your goal is to modify only certain portfolios. No matter what you do, be sure to back up the portfile.adm file.

After spending some time determining how the portfolios where listed in the portfile.adm file, this method worked great and probably saved me hours of editing.

CB