CSI UA failing to update txt files

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

CSI UA failing to update txt files

Post by AFJ Garner »

I am using CSI UA 2.10.0

1) I have noticed a disturbing effect recently in my portfolio: CSI UA is failing to update my London Metals txt files. This does not seem to be happening on other files. When I open CSI UA itself and double click on the relevant item: say MHA20000$, the file appears to be updated and correct. However, when I open the txt file with Windows Explorer in UA/Files, or try to use the txt file with Trading Blox or Metastock, it is evident that the file is not being updated.

Fortunately, I manually check my futures txt files every day and have had to re-write the files manually within CSI UA by choosing “Portfolioâ€
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by AFJ Garner »

For anyone interested, my problems are indeed the fault of the software, rather than my own undoubted inadequacies.

I was sent a patch to fix it today. But it didn't. So I'm expecting another, which hopefully will work.

Again, I double check my futures files every day before running my orders............but should I decide to trade stocks in ecritt fashion, this would be rather less than easy!
Turbowagon
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by Turbowagon »

AFJ,

I have noticed a similar issue. Please post a reply once you finally get a remedy from CSI. Thanks.

Regards,
Ed
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by AFJ Garner »

In case anyone else is interested my problem has now been fixed. CSI sent me a new file to load - an updated version of UAd.exe to replace the older version in /UA