Real Time charts, any advice?

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Real Time charts, any advice?

Post by BARLI »

hello traders, i've been using delayed charts, but now considering to use real time charts since i am going to day trade some of the systems i've been testing, can you suggest any real time chart providers ? i know about Futuresource stuff a lot, but would like to find out about other providers.

thank you in advance! :P
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

Best deals in the world (imho) for electronic exchanges:

Interactive Brokers (free US if u do $30 commissions) with SierraChart ($8 per month). This doesnt have backfill so use SCMagic if you need backfill (about $10E per month).

Interactive Brokers with Ensign (backfill) for $40 per month (better channel and fib tools, lots of cool day trading stuff).

John
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by BARLI »

thanks for your quick response John! i am going to day trade CBOT, CME and Nymex pit traded futures, is it going to be any different then, i mean stuff like exchanges fees applied and so on? please give me also the links so i wouldn't end up findin the wrong web site through google, i'd appreciate that!

sasha
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

thank you

Post by BARLI »

thanks a lot John, http://www.ensignsoftware.com/help/products.htm looks pretty good to me. i was wondering if you use trading platforms as well? i recently surfed the net and found some of the platforms that let as they say:"enter by one click from the quotes the order", there's one fo esignal http://www.ensignsoftware.com/help/products.htm and another one everyone screams about is X Trader. i think it'd be nice first to play with them and see how they do. if you have any experience with those i'd like your advice!
Nathan
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

kiwi,

Post by Nathan »

kiwi,

I am not familiar with the idea of getting real time data and also backfilling it for historical record from two services. with IB and the providers you mentioned, can u create a seamless package? what does maintaining this entail, do you have to dowload seperate historical data every day?
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

Barli, Yes I use Ninja Trader for order entry.

Seamless ... hmm ... with mytrack you use it for backfill and real time so yes. With IB + Sierramagic ... almost. You only use sierramagic if you havent got all the IB data (maybe your machine was off) so when you start you fill with scmagic and then continue on with the ib feed.
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

setting it all up

Post by BARLI »

kiwi, could you expand more on how you set up all of the trading software features for day trading(trading platform, charts etc)for fast and comfort trading? are you hooked up to Interactive Brokers through Ninja trader, these guys have very low commissions, which is very nice :D

thanks in advance!
Ghostrider
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by Ghostrider »

Reuters is the best data I've seen along with news. Its been a few years since I've been on a desk; Reuters was the norm at that time. Bloomberg is popular with fixed income people.

:P
Turbowagon
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by Turbowagon »

Can anyone recommend a web-based real-time e-mini futures chart offering other than BarchartX. I am using BarchartX currently and I am not really happy with it. Thanks.