CSI DATA

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
trendyguy
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

CSI DATA

Post by trendyguy »

Hi everyone. I currently have the CSI demo.For those of you using CSI as a data provider, could you please answer the following questions.

1. Is the price channel algo viewable on charts?I can't seem to plot this on my copy.
2. When setting up the rolling algo, is it possible to set the roll date for
a specific date for each commodity? ie March 22 2004
3.Is it possible to merge exsisting asc11 data(Previously purchased from
OOWDG)to avoid having to purchase historical data again.
I apologize for the simplicity of my questions, however as OOWDG is not
operating for the time being; I am forced to make this transistion in a
hurry and need answers quickly. Thankyou.
TG
d-g
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by d-g »

I do not think that it would be possible to incorporate daily updates from CSI with historical OOWDG data.

I hope someone with more CSI experience with help with your other two queries as I am not sure.
Jake Carriker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jake Carriker »

Trendyguy,

#1. You can plot indicators (custom and standard) on charts in CSI. I think the charting is clunky, and I don't use it for in depth technical studies. I use CSI primarily for EOD price data, not charting.

#2. Yes, you can set it to roll on the X day of any given month (Expiration month, month prior to expriation, etc.). However, you can't specify a different roll date for past rolls. For example, you can't tell it to roll on the 22nd of each month, except for October of 2003, which rolled on the 15th, or something like that.

#3. You can export CSI data in ASCII format easily. You can then cut and paste between other ASCII documents with Excel in order to splice you data. You may need to reformat some data to make the columns line up correctly, but it is no big deal.

Hope that helps.

Jake