CSI stock data - 10,000 max & unadjusted close

Use this forum to discuss data providers like CSI, charting, or other non testing software.
sunyata
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

CSI stock data - 10,000 max & unadjusted close

Post by sunyata »

I'm considering purchasing CSI's Gold package for stocks. However, I'm not entirely sure I understand how CSI's rule that a maximum of 10,000 stocks, mutual funds, and indexes can be processed per day is applied. I have spoken with CSI, but did not yet receive a satisfactory answer. CSI said "you update all markets within your subscription (as you append to your history file with each nightly download), the limit is only when exporting." Here, I don't understand the difference between "appending to a history file" and "exporting." Does "appending" mean updating within UA and then "exporting" updating the files on your computer?

Does anybody find that the 10,000 maximum is a big hassle and impedes testing?

Also, anybody know if CSI's stock files contain the unadjusted close? I asked them, but they didn't answer my question. (I think she misunderstood the question or I just asked very clumsily.)

Thanks
Jake Carriker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jake Carriker »

anybody know if CSI's stock files contain the unadjusted close?
Yes, they do.

The 10,000 limit pertains to maximum number of markets that can be maintained in UA portfolios and written out to data files. You could have a different 10,000 stocks on Thursday than you had on Wednesday. I think the CSI rep is trying to help you understand that you can use 10K at once, but that doesn't mean you can't get up to date data on other issues if you change your portfolios.
stamo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by stamo »

As Jake wrote, I believe you can export (i.e., use) up to 10K stocks.

I have the Gold package and here's part of what my CSI screen looks like -- I'm currently only exporting (using) 171 equities out of 10,000 (see red oval).
Attachments
2014-03-19_8-18-07.png
2014-03-19_8-18-07.png (29.61 KiB) Viewed 5289 times
sunyata
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by sunyata »

Thank you for your help. I am interested in reviewing the entire stock universe each day. Right now, there's a total of 6,500 U.S. issues outstanding, so it appears there's plenty of room to download each evening.